With emphasis on human biology, the Cambridge IGCSE biology syllabus helps learners to understand the technological world in which they live and take informed interest in science and scientific developments. Learners gain an understanding of the basic principles of biology through a mix theoretical and practical studies. They also develop an understanding of the scientific skills essential for further study.
The combination of knowledge and skills in Cambridge IGCSE Biology gives learners a solid foundation for further study. Candidates who achieve grades A* to C are well prepared to follow a wide range of courses including Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology.
The aims are to:
- increase their understanding of the technological world
- take an informed interest in scientific matters
- recognise the usefulness (and limitations) of scientific method, and how to apply this to other disciplines and in everyday life
- develop relevant attitudes, such as a concern for accuracy and precision, objectivity, integrity, enquiry, initiative and inventiveness
- develop an interest in, and care for, the environment
- better understand the influences and limitations placed on scientific study by society, economy, technology,ethics, the community and the environment
- develop an understanding of the scientific skills essential for both further study and everyday life.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 47 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self