COMPUTER SCIENCE SL
Computer science requires an understanding of the basic ideas of computational thinking as well as knowledge of how computers and other digital devices operate.
The Computer Science is course is engaging, accessible, inspiring and rigorous and it is fortified by conceptual thinking, draws on a wide spectrum of knowledge, and enables and empowers innovation, exploration and the acquisition of further knowledge.
During the course the student will develop computational thinking and solutions. This will involve the ability to:
- draws on a wide spectrum of knowledge
- identify a problem or unanswered question
- enables and empowers innovation, exploration and the acquisition of further knowledge
- interacts with and influences cultures, society and how individuals and societies behave
- raises ethical issues
- design, prototype and test a proposed solution liaise with clients to evaluate the success of the proposed solution and make recommendations for future developments.
Computer Science course provides students with:
- opportunities for study and creativity within a global context that will stimulate and challenge students developing the skills necessary for independent and lifelong learning
- a body of knowledge, methods and techniques that characterize computer science
- prospect to apply and use a body of knowledge, methods and techniques that characterize computer science
- initiative in applying thinking skills critically to identify and resolve complex problems
- develop and apply the students’ information and communication technology skills in the study of computer science to communicate information confidently and effectively
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes