MATHS ANALYSIS & APPROACHES HL
This course takes into consideration the demand for analytical proficiency in a world where innovation is rooted in the in-depth understanding of mathematics. It combines traditional pre-university mathematical courses with investigation, conjecture and proofs. The foundation of mathematics analysis and approaches rests on a student’s ability to construct, communicate and justify correct mathematical arguments. The use of technology (software and other hand-held technology) is a requisite in this course.
Students can choose to offer the course at a standard level (SL) or higher level (HL). They should generally be able to manipulate algebraic expressions, recognize patterns and comprehend their associated mathematical concepts. However, students interested in the course at a higher-level need to have strong skills, ability to understand simple proofs and must enjoy solving challenging problems.
Students will be able to:
- Develop a curiosity and love for mathematics, and appreciate its power.
- Develop an understanding of the mathematical concepts, principles and nature.
- Communicate mathematics clearly, concisely and confidently in various contexts.
- Develop logical and creative thinking coupled with patience and persistence in problem solving to establish confidence in mathematical application.
- Apply skills to other areas of knowledge and to future developments in their local and global communities
- Appreciate the interplay of developments in technology and mathematics
- Appreciate the universality of mathematics and its multicultural, international and historical perspectives.
- Develop the ability to reflect critically upon their own work and the work of others
- Independently and collaboratively extend their understanding of mathematics.
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 50
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes